Those athletes who are planning on using their ’19-20 IHSAA physical again this year must complete the IHSAA Health History Questionnaire. That form must turned in to the Athletic Department prior to your athlete’s first activity.
A heads up that if you answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions on that form, your athlete will have to get a new physical prior to participation.
To share so that you will know what to expect (and whether you will need a new physical), here are the questions:
Since the last pre-participation physical examination, has your son/daughter:
1. Been medically advised not to participate in a sport?
2. Been diagnosed with Covid-19?
3. Sustained a concussion, been unconscious or last memory from a blow to the head?
4. Fainted or “blacked out?”
5. Experienced chest pains, shortness of breath, “racing heart” or had any heart issues?
6. Had a history of unusual fatigue or unusual tiredness?
7. Been hospitalized or had surgery?
Again, if you know you will be answering ‘yes’ to any of these questions, you will need to get a new physical so you would not need to pick up the Health Questionnaire. Go ahead and get a new physical.
Here is a link to both forms (copy and paste the URL into your browser):
1. IHSAA Physical/Consent Form: https://ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/quick%20resources/2020-21%20Physical%20Form.pdf?ver=2020-01-17-154323-640
2. IHSAA Health Questionnaire/Consent Form: https://ihsaa.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=1cetcgD92Ao%3D&portalid=0
Any questions, please contact me at email@example.com.
A reminder that Mrs. Goodspeed will be in the main office this week (June 22-26) from 8am-1pm if you want to pick up or drop off a form. I should be in the athletic office from 1-3pm today and tomorrow (June 22-23) if that time works better.